Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June 27

Today we went to Yangmin NP, which locates at the northern part of Taiwan. Accroding to my high school teacher, we should learn from daily life. This is a stunning statement, considering that most of the Taiwanese students "learn" from textbook. I think what we had today was just like this statement's best proof. We saw many plants and insects, such as bettles, butterflies, stick insects, etc. There are basically what we learned from class yesterday. I believe to see it, before giving me context in words. This way, it makes me feel what I learn are something really matter and exist.

Though this hiking-and-discovering trail, I noticed that Lin Chen is such a diligent and cute girl. She took notes, asksed lots of questions, and told me some tips about choosing classes! I have known her since I started my English class, which she also attented. I am not surprissed, to tell the truth. I am just glad that I can get along with her more!

The trail itself is shaded by tell trees, so the rocks below have moss growing on it, which makes it quite slipery. But because of these quite original place, we saw some diligence flowers, such as Peristrophe japonica,
Milk fig, (They have some pinball-sized red fruits. And they are neumorus along our way.) 
Usawa cane, (That is the famous plant in Yangmin Mt. Aboriginal tribe use this kind of bamboo to make arrow. In fack, we even walked into this plant's foreset on our next stop: visitng the volcanic scentic site)
Subcostate crape( The most obivious trait of this plant is that there trunk looks like a milk cow. It even got a name called: monkey-can-not-climb-on-it. I have seen this tree in campus before, so I found it naturly.)

There were many beautiful insects, too. Like few damselflies, which have sparking colors. And also some bettles. They are quite amazing, too. Though their bodies are small, they just like an delicate instruments!

On our visit to volcanic site, we met an teacher, who we later all respected. Her existent itself is amasing. She is about seventy years old, speaks fluent English, and knows this environment well. We all enjoyed! Starring at the steam and yellow surface of the rocks, which were covered by sulfur, I tried to imagine the people working there two hunderd years before. Accroding to this elgent teacher, workers at most can carry 40 kg of sulfure and walk for more than 35km a day to earn money. I am touched by their attitude and wondering wether we inherite this gene? Passino is important for one's life, but diligent is the key.

 The earth is like a magician. It can change the landscape in just a few seconds when volcanoes erupe. That makes me in awe, and starts to respect earth more. I believe when everyone sees and gets to know how it forms, they's want to avoid all the pollutions and damages we produse.

Our last destination is hot spring museum. It amazes me the most is that all the workers there are the local people. How strong the connection is!

At night, we went to a great restaurant for dinner. We all enfoyed it, and expect to go out next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment